Friday 3 April 2015

ACTIONS AND TYPE SETTING


DIGITAL MEDIA




WOW! It has been a challenging week with assignments coming up to their due dates....breathe everybody...it's going to all be fine :)

So this week we covered Batch Processing by way of creating an "Action" in Photoshop, which in short is giving the computer a set of instructions of what to do with an image and then commanding it to repeat the process on your chosen images. Very handy if you have shot images at the same exposure and are wanting a custom look for the lot.

I did get slightly overwhelmed this week, I will use the word slightly because it sounds much kinder than saying my brain felt like it was going to explode into a million pieces and leave the cleaner with a sad face at the work load ahead. And look at that. I said it anyway :)

For me it's learning all the short cuts to do these amazing changes and movements with images that I find a challenge. Being computer literate in the digital and design world is at times a challenge for me but something I become more comfortable with as time passes and I find that it is an area that I would like to gain more experience in.

Anyway. Back to the work we did this week.
We took a number of images and created a contact sheet with them to choose the images that we wanted to alter.
Next step was to set up an "Action" in Photoshop. This was done by choosing one image and making the changes wanted. Creating an Action causes Photoshop to record the changes you are making and in turn you can then use that set of instructions on any other images you would like to which saves valuable time and allows you to keep a record of any creative gems you manage to make along the way.

We also had to show that we could use a typesetting within our finished Contact Sheet.

And here is what it looks like when done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.