Thursday 2 April 2015

RETOUCHING AND RESOLUTION

DIGITAL MEDIA


Hello again :)

This week is all about repairing images and finding the appropriate technique to do so.

We looked at spot healing and using the healing tool as a means of repairing skin blemishes in an image. Seems easy enough but you can actually be the difference between the person in your image looking like a superstar or burn victim.

The key I found is to keep a slow and steady pace when healing areas of the image.
Another great tip is to make sure you are zooming out on your image to check in that those tiny alterations you are making are not in fact creating more damage to your image. It's amazing what a few misplaced pixels and change in pigment can do from a distance.

I really enjoyed playing with the concept of photo repair as it was not something I had done before but felt I would definitely like to do more of. That was until I had a go at repairing a childhood photo of myself and my dad.
I found this photo a challenge to work on and in all honesty feel that I could eventually repair this image to a higher quality than what I have done but I am still pleased with the work I have achieved on it at this point.

And in all seriousness photo repair and restoration is an aspect of the creative world that I would be happy to gain a greater skill base in. Imagine being able to restore a photo of a special person or memory for somebody whom that means the world to. We often don't realise that even what may be perceived as mediocre or small to some may end up to be life changing for others...that's what I love about life and being creative...you never know where it's going to take you...xxx

P.S. Here's the before and after of my Dad and me.
The original photograph is not much bigger than this. 







 Skin smoothed using a layer mask with blur.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.