Thursday 2 April 2015

SELECTIONS AND MASKS


DIGITAL MEDIA


Howdy everyone :)

This week the work is all about clear cutting, which means to cut an item or items out of an existing image. Think of it as physically cutting out part of an image for making a collage. 

Now Photoshop and I do not have an easy relationship at the best of times but as all relationships go it's a work in progress and progress I like to make.

We were given a few different images to clear cut and also had to use a range of tools to achieve this task.
Something from my previous interactions with Photoshop must have sunk in because I actually felt comfortable with this exercise and found a new appreciation for this program.

I have seen some absolutely atrocious clear cutting in my time of surfing the web and have always thought it to be something of an art form. Turns out that it is not so hard with Photoshop. The hard part about it is being particular and taking the time to produce a precise and clean image that doesn't appear like it has been cut from another picture.

I can talk about the in's and out's of clear cutting but when it comes down to it I'm still learning and when running hard on assignments and trying to just get an assessment completed to keep up with the work load my ability in being precise is thrown a little by the way side, definite room for development in my time management skills so I can achieve in all aspects of my work. But hey, we're all learning right?! :)

Anyway...I will show you what I am talking about...



This image is of lolliepop tops removed from their sticks and background.  




















This image of a spoon was cut from it's background.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.